Providing Soccer in Elk Grove since 1983
Interested in becoming a recreation coach? You have arrived at the right place!
Steps to Becoming a Coach
Thank you for agreeing to be a coach for the 2023 Elk Grove Soccer Fall Recreation season.
In a time when it’s becoming more difficult to find volunteers, we greatly appreciate your willingness to step up and help provide the youth of our community a chance to play soccer.
We offer some great incentives this season. We need you to get registered first. In the next 10 days, if all 4 coach requirements say “fulfilled” or “pending”, you have signed up for a coaching session, and your child is registered to play, you will get the following on June 12th:
- Signup information for your practices
- 50% refund for the child you are coaching (head coaches only, and it must be confirmed by the your Age Group Coordinator (AGC) that you will be a head coach)
Here is the process for being cleared as a coach:
- Use this link to sign up: https://system.gotsport.com/programs/140C58019?reg_role=coach
- Complete the 4 USYS requirements in your profile:
- Intro to Safety
- Background Check
- SafeSport (refresher for returning coaches, full course for new ones).
- Livescan – Fingerprint section
- Should say “fulfilled” for returning coaches. If it doesn’t say fulfilled, then you will need to get prints
- If you are new, there will be a form you get after completing this section. Print that out and take it to our designated fingerprinting location (Mail & More). They will bill the league; you do not have to pay anything.
You do NOT need to worry about the USClub or USSSA Sections.
- Sign up for a Rec coaching session, using this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0848aeac2ba2f49-coaches#/
There are 3 dates:
- Thursday, Saturday July 15 – 10:00 a.m. -11:30 a.m. at BSP
- Tuesday, July 18 – 6:30 p.m. -8:00 p.m. at Luttig Park
- Thursday, July 27 – 8:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. at BSP
If you have not completed the above requirements by June 11, you will not be able to sign up for a practice location until it’s completed. If you have completed the steps above, the refund for the child you are coaching, will be applied after practices begin.
Please send the registration and coach session links to your assistants, and encourage all your players to sign up before the fee increases on June 16th.
Thanks again for your efforts!
Elk Grove Soccer Recreational Director